Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Horizons

Collossians 3: 17

And whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord, not for men. 18. since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

An era has finally come to an end for me After working there off and on (I was gone at Liberty 11 months counting my two semesters and two mission trips) for three years I finally left Charleston Southern University. It was not an easy decision. As many of you know I was promoted to Captain in August 0f 2010. I was very enthusiastic but unfortunately I let the job consume me. What had long been a ministry and passion for me suddenly became just a job. I lost sight of what it means to do everything as unto God and not unto men. I got caught up in being a people-pleaser which lead to quite a few mistakes and failures as a leader. I forgot it was Christ I was serving. It became clear to me a couple weeks a go that I was no longer called to serve the students of CSU. I resigned last week. I am so thankful for the time I served on a Christian campus. I was blessed so much but I know the Lord will bless me in a new season. Already I am becoming more involved with church ministries at a church in my neighborhood called Grace Alliance. We are having our biggest community outreach project on the 29th and 30th of October : the Fall Festival. On the 29th we will have a pumpkin carving (it will be my first time in my life to do this. :) and on the 30th we will have our annual fall festival. The festival will include live music, the God Squad Power team, games, a costume contest. The community has really gotten involved. We will have free Child ID & Fingerprinting courtesy of NY Life & the North Charleston Police Dept. and North Charleston Fire Dept. Safety House will be there as well. We will also have local business there serving and giving free consultations including a chiropractor and a dentist. All ages and peoples are welcomed. If you are interested in coming, we are located at 8101 Northside Drive North Charleston, SC 29420. More information and directions can be found at the church web site : I am uber-excited to help out with this event. Last eyar I went as an “angel” but this year I will be doing security/parking detail for the event. It is a joy to me to get to use my work for His glory. I am currently working as a floater for another security company. Ill enjoy the break until I get regular hours. It leaves lots of time for friends, family, and serving others. Right now all I can say is that I am blessed beyond measure by the glory and grace of God my Savior!


No comments: