Monday, August 08, 2011

Lost Your Head Blues



This is a blues song by Bessie Smith called "Lost your Head Blues" that we listened to this week in Music Appreciation. The other musicians at the recording session said that Smith completely used improvisation in this piece because they needed one more song to make use of the time they had in the studio. Its amazing that something like this came off the top of her head.

I was also required by my professor to write lyrics for a blues song yesterday. I thought about what made me the "bluest" in the last year. As some of y'all know, I had a stalker last year. Even after the year long restraining order ended, he showed up at my house in April. When I wouldn't see him, he attended my church for a few weeks in May in hopes of seeing me (I was working lots of extra overtime in May). He has not been seen in 3 months. I am free from fear now, but I wrote a little diddy about how blue I felt at the time. I think my feelings are similar to that of a lot of other victims. I am not a song writer by any means, but it is kinda amusing and interesting. Here is the "Stalker Boy Blues".

I have the stalker boy blues,

This kind of follower a girl just does not choose

To think I'd love you makes you seem so obtuse

Why must you think I'm the girl you just can't lose?


Stalker boy, Stalker boy what are ya thinkin'

If I had my way you’d be in a frickin' cell

But to see you in court a year would just be livin' hell!

You think you're so good your junk don't even prickin' smell.


I have the stalker boy blues,
Why is it my phone you must continue to abuse?

To say you really were my friend was really just a ruse.

To let you keep on watching me is something I refuse!

Bye bye, stalker boy, my temper's lit a fuze!

Yes, I've got the stalker boy blues.


Psa 40:1 To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry.
Psa 40:2 He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.
Psa 40:3 He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD.


No comments: