Monday, April 08, 2013

Workout Challenge


So, I have seriously been neglecting this blog, because I have invested so much time in my ministry blog, Armed with Truth Ministries. This blog is still pretty special to me, because it introduced me to the blogging world. So, I have decided I will take the time to write a post on here once a week. I was sharing with a friend last week how I have struggled to lose weight this year despite my best attempts at eating well. I used to be a team-level gymnastics coach so it is frustrating that I let myself get out of shape last year, when I was on a sabbatical. My friend told me she is starting a new challenge on her blog to work out every day for forty-five minutes. Having a friend "to workout with" has always been very motivating for me so I gladly accepted the challenge! Yesterday, on the first day of the challenge I decided to go running/hiking in the wood trails of snow flex complex at my school (it is one of the few year round snow flex facilities in the world and its in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains with awesome trails). I went about four miles in all, because I was determined to run all the way to Camp Hydeaway to watch the sun set. It had rained a couple days before so I was covered in mud by the time I finished my run. Still, the view and the satisfaction of having finished such a challenging workout was worth all the hard work! Today, I was less motivated, but I am not one to back down from a challenge once I have accepted it. I worked out in my own home today for the sake of time. There is a wealth of exercise videos on hulu and youtube! One site I use a lot is Be Fit on youtube. They have new videos every week day for free. http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit. After about 20 minutes, I decided to switch to my favorite Lecrae playlist and dance freestyle. As always, I end my workouts with crunches, isometric push-ups, and some yoga stretches.Working out does not have to be boring! Find out what works best for you. If any of you would like to join me in doing the Weekend mom challenge, you can check out the details at http://theweekendmom.wordpress.com/2013/04/06/a-new-challenge-the-beach-workout/


This was one of my favorite songs in the playlist I used in my workout earlier. Thanks to the other Lecrae fan who posted this!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Kat!

Unknown said...

You are welcome! If it motivated me to get off my butt and work out, it was worth sharing! Thank YOU for sharing your challenge with me!